1. Make a movie about 30 seconds long. It will be judged on timing. It must contain: title clips, pics, transitions and music. The theme is My Three Favorite Jellyfish. (50)
2. Make the 3.5 x 2 card centered on an 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper. (50)
|With guides showing|
This will be on the final. You must be able to measure and make crop-marks. Follow the example exactly. One image shows the guides and the other image has guides Off so you can see crop-marks. You must have guides and cropmarks.
Design a Product Package
You will design a box that will hold an imaginary product. It must be for a specific Target Market.
GOAL: Create the package for a specific Target Group that demonstrates the following:
The design is for the Target Audience through
• over-all design or composition,
• use of imagery,
• type and
• You have shown experimentation (no fewer than four design variations)
• You are able to describe verbally and in writing how these elements have been used to address the specific Target.
Points possible: 100
DUE DATE PENDING
In PhotoShop make a canvas 3 x 2.
Name your product
decide on colors and imagery, pictures, ruled lines boxes, to start. Lookat examples of similar products to get ideas. Think about:
Print your final design and paste the 6 sides onto a box.
Review a How to make movie (Not your own)
Open a Goog Doc Name it last-first-movie-review and answer the following questions:
- 1. Over all was it enjoyable to watch and easy to understand?
- 2. Did the participants introduce themselves?
- 3. Were there parts that should have been cut from the movie?
- 4. Was the timing good?
- 5. WAs the sound balanced? Was it used properly and did it enhance the quality of the movie?
- 6. What was done to conclude or end the movie? Describe it.
- 7. Describe one thing that would have made the movie better.
- 8. Describe one thing that was done well and made viewing enjoyable.
- 9. Do you have any other observations to share?
You are creating a box that holds a product. What is the product? What color combinations will you use? Will the font be formal, feminine, masculine, childish? What kind of type is best.
HINT: The final box that you will create has sides measuring 2x3 inches (the 3 inch dimensions are the top and bottom) The top of the box is 3x3.
In PhotoShop make a first effort to design the box that will hold the product
- What is the name of the product?
- what are the colors that represent the product?
- what font will you use?
- Save your work to your Goog Drive.
Here are a couple of examples of different boxes that have been created.
Review a second movie last-first-movie-review-2 answering the same set of questios as above. Put it on the same goog doc and submit to email@example.com
Identify two well branded products. Find them on th internet and put an image in a folder
example: Starbucks coffee
(Be innovative and creative)
Arrange 3 balls 3 different ways. Size and color must be different. Screenshot all of them together and
submit as: last-first-innovate-1
We Will see some How to Make movies.
- The process involved in creating a unique name and image for a product. Branding aims to establish a significant presence in the market that attracts and retains loyal customers.
- The action or business of promoting and selling products or services, including market research and advertising.
(Be innovative and creative)
Arrange 3 balls 3 different ways. Size and color must remain the same. Screenshot all of them together and
submit as: last-first-innovate-1
Find a product and imitate the graphics in PhotoShop
Copy something like this:
If you are still working on your How To Make Movie, that comes first as it is DUE at 9: am TODAY. It willl be collected on memory card.
How To Make ??? movie
• Write your name
• Under your name write the names of all members in your group.
• Describe your progress - Finished or Not finished.
• If your answer is ‘Not finished’ describe what needs to be done and what any problems or obstacles are.
REMINDER: THE PROJECT IS DUE TUESDAY. That’s next class.
> HOW TO MAKE MOVIE DUE TUESDAY NOVEMBER 13 <
In Photoshop make a sign 11 x 8.5 (landscape not portrait) That says:
How to Make (whatever it is you are making) by All Names In Your Group . Everybody make one and you can pick the best one to use in your movie. Submit as last-first-sign to firstname.lastname@example.org DUE AT THE END OF CLASS TODAY!
Make whatever progress you can editing the footage you have or anything else you can do for your How To Make ?? movie.
- STOP HERE -
Chucks innovation (dental)
Edit How to Make movies
Scheduled Out With Camera for Monday 10/29: Kayla, Melanie
Jacks innovations three
Work on How to Make movie
Make a short (30to 60 second) movie including info,
pics, transitions, sound about
My Favorite Creepy Insects by YourName
NOTE: Two or three groups video record per session.
You MUST be ready when called.
- STOP HERE -
Identify Jacks creative innovation.
Work on rough draft for How to Make ( two or three groups video record each class session)
Practice split clip x2 to be checked off for credit
- STOP HERE -
1. In order to be innovative we must learn to be creative. What does it mean to be creative?
Write definitions for each of the following words:
2. Create an imovie containing the following clips
There will be a demo to get you started.
a different transition between each step, no two alike, and a jingle that fades in and out.
3. Work on your How To Make Movie.
- STOP HERE -
HOW TO MAKE A PAPER AIRPLANE
List the problems to overcome as you go on paper.
Make the movie ………
1. At your desk with a partner- FaceTime.
2. Using the vid camera in the hall at a table with a partner.
3. Analysis of videos in small groups.
Apply what you have learned to your How To Make movie.
Be gathering stuff together for your how to make ??? movie.
How to Make ????
Pick a partner. Find how to make a paper airplane on the internet. Now show each other how to make a paper airplane, hopefully two different paper airplanes.
Individually, on paper describe in writing and with little sketches how to make a paper airplane.
Decide as partners what you will show us how to make. Write it on the quarter sheet of paper.
We have discussed being Innovative and creating Variations to find the Best Solution. Here is a poster demonstrating the process of photosynthesis - it is not the best design.
- The type is poorly placed
- Contrast and color could be improved
- A far more attractive and innovative design is possible
- What size is your poster if it is to be printed out?
- Feel free to ook at other designs to get ideas (goog images 'photosynthesis')
1. Make a photosynthesis poster that is the Best Design. Do Image Duplicate change it up a bit so that you have one variation.
Submit both designs as last-first-photosynthesis to email@example.com
DUE AT THE END OF CLASS TODAY
END OF GRADING PERIOD
Folder: named last-first-innovative- change
Go to Friday 9/14 step 1.
turn in at 8:30
Folder: named last-first-friend
Go to Monday 9/10 step 2
turn in at 9:00
select the best ‘One Foot’ photo, crop it, change it with a filter and submit to good drive as:
Create innovative solutions X3
Change this poster 3 different ways:
Change colors, change font, change anything else - MAKE IT DIFFERENT X3!
Pick the best two and submit as last-first-innovative- change and last-first-innovative- change2 to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Group 1 and three will take group shots today.
NOTE: Row 1 and 3 will do group shots on Friday, 2 and 4 had a turn today.
Put the vocabulary words in a jar (PhotoShop)
• best choice
Write 10 interview questions to turn in at the end of class.
• Change the world for better.
• The ten worst fashion faux pas (Fopa)
Definition:a slip or blunder in etiquette, manners, or conduct; an embarrassing social blunder or indiscretion.
• Why do you love sports so much?
• Bad Manners
• Public Education
3. The Group Shot
1. Describe a problem and then an innovative solution to that problem. Now try to come up with a variation.
example: (PROBLEM)I need to get to school, I am late, I have no money for the bus. (SOLUTION) The old man next door is not always friendly but if I agree to mow his lawn on Saturday he will give me a ride to school. (Variation) The old man has a flat tire so I will promise to mow his lawn inf he will give me the cash for Uber so I can get to school.
2. Take a photo of someone and display it ten different ways in photoshop. ( Review the cube demo)
Place the images in a folder called last-first-friend. You will share on memory card and To techartcity by goog drive.
1.Write: Copy the blue words and then answer the question in red.
Innovation - The new and better way of working is a great innovation over the old way of doing things.
To observe the way things are and to then come up with a new better way is to be innovative.
My new innovative research method is faster and is also more efficient. I get more done and do a better job.
I will innovate and make it more beautiful and more interesting.
Through innovation I discover the best solution to the problem.
Describe an innovaative solution to getting over a mud puddle if you can't go around. What can you do to go over the puddle without stepping in it?
2. (demo) paste into
• window selected with magic wand
• feathered windows work too
• Shape tool - Select pixels button
3. In PhotoShop, on an 8.5 x 11 canvas , find an innovative way to show friends. DUE AT THE END OF THE PERIOD.
1. Write: Copy the blue words and write the definion for each
2. This assignment requires that you MEASURE correctly and that you are INNOVATIVE.
Create a layout for four 4 x 5 cards off the center axis on an 8.5 x 11 canvas (page) and then create four different cards.
Each card will have a company name, a caption and abstract imagery. You must be innovative and create a simple geometric shape to represent each company and the product they provide. The first one is done for you. See layout below. DUE 20 MINUTES BEFORE THE BELL RINGS. You may not steal pics from the Goog.
REMEMBER THE WORD IS ................Innovation
1. Define Innovation.
2. Make a flyer for a school event.
It is 8.5 x 11 or 11 x 8.5, your choice.
It will have words and imagery (pics)
It must have a title or what the event is
It must have date, time, location and address(the school address)
Now be INNOVATIVE and make a second different flyer about the same event.
DUE AT THE END OF CLASS TODAY !
3. Take photos for Back To School Night. Odd Angle or Welcome Parents.
1. Poster Demo
You can use this clipart
1. Finish elements. Submit one example as last-first
• memory card
• upload to your goog drive
• share with techartcity @gmail.com
2. Take photos of person standing on one foot. , (It's OK to lean against a wall or another person)
1. Change this poster identifying a specific element of art using photoshop tools. Write that element on the 1/4 sheet paper. Also identify the tool used(write that down as well). Leave your work on-screen to be checked off in 15 minutes.
2. Continue with the elements of art assignment from Monday. Groups will share today.
3. Take photos of people.
Focus - Graphic Design for Print
Review the Elements of Art
ELEMENTS OF ART
1. In photoshop, make a drawing that represents each element of art.
Here are a couple of examples:
2. put them all on your Goog drive in a folder called elements of art.
3. Submit just one as. last-first to email@example.com
4. Take a photograph of an object in the classroom (not a person this time) and put the photograph on your goog drive in a folder called photographs.
• free transform
1. Write the word and show